Make renting your self-storage unit hassle-free. Follow these tips and tricks as an ultimate guide throughout your storage rental journey.
- Plan your storage space in advance. Place those items that you need to get to often in the front and allow for walkways for easy access.
- Try to keep your boxes in uniform sizes. They are much easier to stack that way.
- Label ALL boxes for easy identification.
- Leave a small space between the wall and your storage items to allow for ventilation.
- Pack your boxes and other items as close together as possible to avoid moisture accumulating between them.
- Make up an inventory of your stored items and keep it in a safe place at home or in a safe deposit box.
- List contents of boxes on all four sides, number the boxes, seal with masking tape or glued paper tape.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
- Place your storage items on pallets supplied by Stow-it-all to guard against dampness. Any concrete floor may become cold and damp.
- It is against the law to store materials that are HAZARDOUS or COMBUSTIBLE such as gasoline, solvents, paint, etc… Drain out all remaining gasoline from lawnmowers, power tools, boats, snowmobiles, etc.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for knickknacks, china, silverware and small items. Wrap in tablecloths, towels or blankets to prevent breakage.
- Larger appliances make excellent “packing cases” for blankets, towels, tablecloths and clothes.